Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Eat, Sleep, Pray

The journey always seems unending while it is still lasting. However, when you look back, it does not seem to be that long at all. I may have done intensive job search for about a month. By this, I mean: routinely waking up each morning, hating you life then when you are done sulking, you find some motivation and grab your computer to start job hunting all over again. This is all I did besides sleeping, eating and all other necessities. It seemed endless and the thought of ever having a job began to sound more like a fantasy and far from reality.

The days were long and at the same time, I felt like time was creeping away. I looked any and everywhere, even planned to take the CNA exam to broaden my prospects. Then one day, I was scheming through my groups on linked-in and came across a posting. Some lady was looking for a job as a scientific recruiter. She was well experienced and was also offering pro-bono services to interested persons. I quickly contacted her with my resume, asking her for her opinion and recommendations. I did not expect a reply, so I was excited when I saw one.

No comments: